You must agree to the rules in order to enter the Contest.
1. No Purchase Necessary: No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve the chances of winning. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to people 18 years of age or older at time of entry who are residents of the United States and a licensed architect or related professional. Employees of McGraw Hill Financial and its subsidiaries and affiliates and members of their immediate families are not eligible. This contest is sponsored by Architectural Record, a publication of McGraw Hill Construction, a unit of McGraw Hill Financial. (collectively, the “Sponsors”).
3. To Enter: Go to www.archrecord.com/call4entries and click on the submission form icon and fill out the submission form fully and print the completed submission form and send it with your entry/entries according to the instructions on the submission form. Full contact information is required for each submission; submissions without completed contact information will be disqualified. Submissions must meet the following requirements: Sketches are to be drawn specifically for this competition. Sketches should be architecture oriented. Sketches must be on a 5-inch-by-5-inch white paper cocktail napkin. Sketch using ink or ballpoint pen. No digital imaging accepted. Include the registration form. All entries and completed submission forms must be received by 5:00 PM EST on June 30, 2014.
Neither the Sponsors nor their respective affiliates, employees, agents, or representatives assume any responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries.
4. All entries become the sole property of McGraw Hill Construction and will not be returned. By submitting an entry, the winning entrant(s) grant to McGraw Hill Construction and its successors and assigns all rights for the full term of copyright therein to reproduce, publish, distribute and sell the winning entries, without payment of any compensation to the winner(s) in connection with such use by McGraw Hill Construction of such entries. By entering, entrant agrees to abide by these rules, and warrants and represents that his/her entry is the entrant’s original work prepared exclusively and entirely by the entrant, that his/her entry has not won previous awards, has not been previously published, does not infringe the rights of any third parties and is suitable for publication (i.e., is not libelous, obscene or indecent). Publication of any entry or other use or non-use, in whole or in part, lies solely at the discretion of McGraw Hill Construction. McGraw Hill Construction retains all right to publish in its discretion. McGraw Hill Construction will pay no residuals or royalties in connection therewith.
5. Judging: Judging will be conducted by Editors of Architectural Record. Decisions of the judges are final on all matters relating to this contest. McGraw Hill Construction reserves the right not to select a winner.
6. Prize(s): There are Two Grand prizes, one for the winning licensed architect drawing and the other for the related professional’s winning drawing. Winners and finalists will be seen in the online Cocktail Napkin Sketch Gallery. In addition, grand prize winners will receive a box of napkins printed with their winning sketch. Winners will be published in the September 2014 Architectural Record issue.
Prize Conditions: Prizes are not redeemable for cash or substitutable for any other item by winner and may not be transferred or assigned. McGraw Hill Construction reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value for any prize, for any reason. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees, plus any other incidentals.
7. Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity and rights release form prior to receipt of a prize. The liability/publicity release (further described below) must be returned, properly executed within ten (10) calendar days of notification of winning, or prize will be forfeited. Due to the anticipated volume of entries, no correspondence will be returned.
8. Rights to Winning Entries: McGraw Hill Construction and its successors and assigns has the right to edit, adapt, publish and/or modify, promote, and otherwise use all winning entries without further permission, notice or compensation in future promotional or editorial material. Acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to assign and transfer to McGraw Hill Construction any and all publication and marketing rights in the winning entry, including, without limitation, including the right to reproduce and publish the winning entry and/or use it in all promotion and advertising along with the winner’s name, for no additional compensation.
9. General: Void where prohibited by law. By accepting the prize, winners grant to Sponsors the right to use their names and likenesses and winning entries in advertising or promotion without further compensation or permission (except where prohibited by law). In addition, winners, by acceptance of the prize, agree to release Sponsors and their respective affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the participation in this contest.
Winner’s List: For the winners’ names, contact ARCallforEntries@MHFI.com by September 30, 2014.
10. Entrants’ Release: By entering this contest, entrants agree to release the Sponsors and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, including their respective affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the contest and the awarding and use of the prizes. Entrants are subject to and must abide by their employer’s polices. Entrant must create the entry outside of the scope of his/her work on his or her own time without use of the employer’s facilities or materials.
Winner will be required to give McGraw Hill Construction his/her social security number, legal name, age, current address, and phone number. The social security number will be used for tax recordkeeping purposes only.
12. Disputes: By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges. Any dispute regarding these rules will be resolved by a panel of judges from McGraw Hill Construction and their decision shall be final.
13. Official Rules: To receive a copy of these complete rules or ask any question regarding the rules please send an e-mail to ARCallforEntries@MHFI.com with Cocktail Napkin Contest in the subject line.